Submit your paper to compete for a CASH AWARD in one of the following four categories:
1. papers or creative works by first year undergraduates (4-10 pages)
2. papers or creative works by undergraduate students (5-20 pages)
3. papers by graduate students (12-30 pages)
4. a fourth award may be given to a paper that demonstrates a commitment to practical applications of feminist theory
Essays and creative work must engage gender, sexuality or feminist theories; a biographical or historical account of women or a woman is not sufficient. For example, a paper might: critically explore actions and reactions caused by gender prejudice or discuss the ways that gender functions in some aspect of society; analyze a text using elements from feminist theory; or report an empirical study that engages gender. All papers must be written during the past calendar year, from Spring or Fall 2013, or written specifically for the conference.
We encourage submission of alternative forms of scholarship, including but not limited to original scripts, poetry or films that engage gender analysis. If the feminist or gender analysis is not overt in the creative work itself, the work should be accompanied by an essay that frames and explains the theory's application.
· Essays should be formatted in Word, using 12 pt. Times New Roman font with 1 inch margins, and page numbers
· Outside sources in a bibliography or reference section are encouraged
· Include a cover sheet with the following information: student’s name, major and year of graduation, mailing and email addresses, phone number, and the name of the course and professor for which the paper was written (if any)
· Marks of identification, except for the work’s title, should not appear anywhere else in the paper
· Please email the paper as a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 14, 2014
All papers will be presented at the conference on April 4, 2014.
Attendance at the conference constitutes an excused absence from classes.
Questions? Email us: email@example.com or call 610-519-3815