Welcome to the official blog for Villanova's Gender and Women's Studies program! Please come back often for information on events, programming, academic opportunities, alumni news, student accomplishments, and more! Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Congratulations to our GWS Graduates!

We wish you the best of luck in all you do. Thanks so much for being a part of the Gender and Women's Studies Program during your time at Villanova.

 
Majors: Tara Lombardia and Kelsey Utter
Minors: Olivia Ferguson, McKenna Hinkle, Elyssa Strickler, Katherine Welter, and Jacqueline Zellman

"As a graduating Gender and Women's Studies Major I can honestly say my outlook on the world has been changed because of my major. My classes have affected me beyond the walls of the classroom. What I have learned is relevant no matter what situation I am in. I've learned most importantly to ask "why?" Why is the world the way it is and why do we accept the world to be what it is? My courses and my professors have opened my eyes to the fact that the world is what we make of it, and sexism is still prevalent in every aspect of life, even if it doesn't seem obvious. I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to learn how to think critically. Gender and Women's Studies majors and minors understand that the world could be a better place, and as a Gender and Women's Studies student, I want to be part of that change."-Tara Lombardia
 
(Interested in declaring a Gender and Women's Studies major or minor? Contact our Academic Director, Jean Lutes, at jean.lutes@villanova.edu. You can also find more information on our website.)

No comments:

Post a Comment