Welcome to the official blog for Villanova's Gender and Women's Studies program! Please come back often for information on events, programming, academic opportunities, alumni news, student accomplishments, and more! Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

GWS Student Spotlight: Marisol Rosado-Perez

Name: Marisol Rosado-Perez

Year in school: Senior

Majors and minors: Psychology Major, GWS Minor

Hometown: New York City

Favorite place you’ve ever traveled to: Amsterdam and Barcelona

Why do you study GWS/why is it important to you? 

Gender and Women's Studies have always been apart of who I am. I was raised by a single mother who made the best decision for my education and put me into an all girl institution that nurtured the womanist within me at an early age. When I entered college and learned that there is a whole field of study dedicated to my passion I knew I had to get involved. At its core GWS is important to me because it validates the fact that every human has dignity and deserves respect. This message has changed who I am as a person and has helped me develop throughout my time at Villanova.

No comments:

Post a Comment